Happy New Year 2013 posted on 31 Dec 2012 19:46
What I did this year:
- Had my second internship at MSR. Was fantastic. Met a bunch of awesome folks there, both old friends and new ones. Michael, Gena, Sveta - you're the best!
- Attended my first ICSE. This is some sick stuff, mates. The sheer amount of brains gathered in one place is staggering. Deals quite a blow to your self-esteem as well.
- Tried out C++11. First time using C++ as a main language in a serious project. Variadic template magic may and will fry you. Other than that, it went better than I expected.
- Reconnected with a couple of old friends. It's amazing how that can just happen out of thin air when you least expect it. But it happened, and I'm very happy for that.
- Missed yet another two of my friend's weddings. Why doesn't anyone like to have a winter wedding for a change, huh?
- Did a talk about Scala at ADD 2012. Went horrible from the presentation point of view, but was very refreshing non the less. Note to self — do practice a little bit more…
I'm positive I missed a lot of other things, but that's not the point.
The point is — Happy New Year, mates! May the new 2013 bring you even more stuff to do, places to visit and fun to have!
Comments: 0 : Rating: 0