Happy New Year 2014 (belated) posted on 03 Jan 2014 22:50
So, yet another (this time somewhat belated and chaotic) sitrep from yours truly on how year 2013 went for him. Here goes:
- I fell in love. I'm serious. I fell completely and utterly in love. With fricking C++11. Java, you've been a great partner, but it's over now. I won't be coming back. Ever.
- Saint-Petersburg hosted a bunch of AAA conferences like CAV and FSE. I visited only a couple of workshops (didn't have the time or the money for the main course), but enjoyed them immensely.
- After mixing up a lot of things here and there, I'm really starting to feel old. Teaching stuff to inexperienced students does very little to help with this feeling =)
- A bunch of friends and colleagues had their firstborns. Nothing to add here except for: Congratulations!
- A lot of really-really awesome stuff happened at the very end of 2013. Won't be spoiling here, don't wanna jinx it =)
And, as usual, Happy New 2014, mates! May the Fun be with you! =)
Comments: 0 : Rating: 0